ARCHIVED - Investment Plan 2010/11 -2014-15
This information has been archived because it is outdated and no longer relevant.
Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards. As per the Communications Policy of the Government of Canada, you can request alternate formats by contacting us.
The Canadian Coast Guard’s (CCG) first Integrated Investment Plan (IIP) lays out the Agency’s planned investments over the 2010/11-2014/15 timeframe. The investment in our Asset Base set out in this plan is targeted to address the most urgent program requirements of the Agency, which will have a direct impact on the quality and extent of CCG service delivery. For this planning cycle, CCG has identified over $1.7 billion in investments with multiple funding sources in support of continued program delivery.
This is the first plan which demonstrates the results of a paradigm shift within CCG, where integrated planning now occurs in various areas of the organization. We have moved the focus of our planning process from assets to client and program requirements. By focusing on these outward facing requirements, we are better positioned to consider alternatives to asset ownership; alternatives such as acquiring services. While this new investment approach ensures that funding is directed to the highest priorities, the current asset reinvestment rate is not high enough to ensure that CCG’s critical assets can be replaced at the end of their operational life. The result of insufficient recapitalization is the fact that with each year that passes, the risk associated with our asset base increases.
The CCG Integrated Investment Plan is intended to be a valuable management tool, against which performance can be measured across CCG. The CCG plan is an expanded version of the Canadian Coast Guard material found in the Investment Plan for Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO) that is approved by Treasury Board every three years.
The CCG Integrated Investment Plan is divided into four sections:
- Investment Planning Context sets the stage for our proposed investment decisions by outlining:
• Who We Are and What We Do
• The Assets We Use to Support Our Programs
• Our Investment Requirements
• Investment Funding available to CCG
• How We Make Investment Decisions
- Investment Decisions specifies the investment vision of the Canadian Coast Guard for the next five years and beyond by describing:
• How We Will Invest Our Resources: 2010/11 to 2014/15
• How We Will Address Risks Related to the IIP
• How We Plan to Measure Our Performance Relative to the IIP
• How We Will Invest Our Resources: Looking Beyond 2014/15
- Investment Details provides a full list of our planned investments over the next five years.
- Conclusion assesses the outcomes of this first planning cycle using CCG’s Integrated Investment Planning approach.
In addition, there are a number of appendices that contain detailed information to support a full understanding of the decisions included in the plan.
- Date modified: