Apply to the Canadian Coast Guard College Officer Training Program
Before you apply
Download and read our application guide to help you with the selection process. It will explain:
- expected behaviours
- essential and asset qualifications
- competencies to include in your application
If you are a high school graduate, you must provide a high school transcript and any post-secondary transcripts that show you meet the course requirements.
If you are a current high school student, you must provide:
- a transcript showing you have completed Grade 11 or Secondary fourth course requirements
- proof of enrollment of Grade 12 or Secondary fifth required courses
- a mid-year grade report and end of semester transcripts throughout the school year
- a final transcript at the end of the school year
If you’re upgrading courses you need to provide proof of enrollment in those required courses. You’ll need to submit a mid-year grade report during your academic semester, and your final official transcript upon course completion. We must receive this by June 30th, 2020.
We will only consider transcripts to be official if they come directly from the academic institution or are notarized copies of the originals.
How to apply
In order to be considered, we must receive your complete application and transcripts by February 14, 2020. This includes your:
- application form
We may also ask for other documentation that we must also receive by February 14, 2020.
To apply, complete and save the application form below. Send your completed application form, your résumé and your academic transcripts to DFO.CCGCSelection-CGCCSelection.MPO@dfo-mpo.gc.ca.Complete the application form
After you apply
This is a multi-tier selection process and candidates are expected to:
- adhere to all deadlines
- show attention to detail
- respond in a timely manner
- follow instructions carefully
- be available for assessments
Failure to follow these guidelines may result in a candidate’s application no longer being considered in the selection process.
Contact the Canadian Coast Guard College for help
Canadian Coast Guard College
1190 Westmount Rd
Sydney NS B1R 2J6
Thank you for considering joining the Canadian Coast Guard!
- Date modified: